Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Plot series with different x values
flb
Hello everyone,
I am new in BIRT and have a basic question for you.
I have 2 data series like this :
Series A (x, y)
(1, 10)
(3, 10)
(5, 10)
Series B (x, y)
(1, 20)
(2, 20)
(3, 20)
Since I cannot map a x series with a y series with the Eclipse plugin,
how do I plot them with BIRT ?
Thanks for your answers.
FB
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Is the data in the same dataset?
flb
Thank you for your answer. Yes, I created a DataSet with the useful data. But for instance I have different dates for samples A and B. Let's say I have the following columns in the DataSet:
X1, Y1 and X2, Y2, where X1 and X2 are dates and x-axis of Y1 and Y2 respectively. So how can I plot them ? In Excel, I can use a XY (Scatter) chart.
kclark
BIRT has a scatter chart in the new chart UI and you can select multiple Y axis from here. Drag the chart from the palette to your report > scatter > multiple Y axis. Take a look at this and tell me if it's what your trying to do.
flb
Thanks for your answer. The scatter plot in the eclipse's plugin only plots data according to one column (x-axis). So it does not resolve my problem. My problem is that I have 4 columns :
(X1, Y1, X2, Y2)
and would like to plot X1 (dates) with Y1 and X2 (dates) with Y2 in the same graph (the X-axis is then generated from X1 and X2). How can I map X1 with Y1 and X2 with Y2 in BIRT ? Is it possible to do that ?