Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Permission problems with my OD configuration
laj1
I am getting a permissions problem with one of my receiver nodes, and I'm hoping somebody out
there can point me at the right files or documents to get this resolved.
When using the OD admin interface, and trying to access the "manage Servers" page for my receiver node "ANSOS-PC40", the
bottom of the page which would usually contain a view of the XML, contains a big
Permission Denied
, and the message:
The request to view server configuration was denied.
My main log on the receiver contians these two entries:
API: 2003-02-26 14:18:15 EST GMT-05:00 User osumc_nt1\jaff02 login on od-admin role but is not an od-admin user on this OpenDeploy host.
API: 2003-02-26 14:18:15 EST GMT-05:00 Request denied. User: osumc_nt1\jaff02, login role: od-admin, request: GET_ROLENAMES_FOR_USER, details: OSUMC_NT1\jaff02
The bootstrap user on the receiver is nt1cntmgmt-p1\jaff02, I am logged in to the OD administrator as nt1cntmgmt-p1\jaff02.
I'm stumped. Any pointers/suggestions/ideas?
Thanks.
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Which version of OpenDeploy are you using on which platform(s)?
Are you going through a firewall? If so, perhaps the ports for the Java RMI are not open?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Lynchy
From the log entries you posted it looks as though you are logged into the OD admin UI as osumc_nt1\jaff02 . Try logging out completely then logging back into the UI as the bootstrap admin. Once in the UI on the left nav expand user access then Servers select the server and give the osumc_nt1\jaff02 account admin permissions on the server.
laj1
Sorry, I should know better.
OD 551 SP2
win2k -> win2k
No firewall involved.
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
laj1
Tried that. No soap.
Any other ideas.
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
Lynchy
I was having the sam error as you were getting and it turns out that the user account I was logging in with did not have admin permissions on the server, as soon as I set them per the instructions I provided above I was able to access the UI completely. I am not sure what else to reccomend. Sorry
laj1
But I an a member of the Windows Administrators group on the receiver, and my login on the base server is the same one I use as the bootstrap user on the receiver. It is a local login on the teamsite server, and the receiver is not part of any domain.
Odd thing is I used to be able to do deplyments to that machine. when I was testing OD after first installing it.
Thanks again.
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
encoded.txt
Adam Stoller
Being a member of the Windows Administrators group means nothing as far as OpenDeploy is concerned.
Could you please post (as an attachment) the IWODHOME/od.log file from *both* the Base Server and Receiver - we might need more, but that would be a start.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
laj1
Attached.
Although I think the jucier logs are the exerpts I've already posted.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
Adam Stoller
I think you're right about the other logs (though I am confused about the version being printed out as 0.0) - Have you tried logging in with the Administrator account on the Base Server machine?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
laj1
I don't have access to the Administrator account. That is strictly for the machine administrators.
I have my priv through membership in the Administrators group.
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
Adam Stoller
Well - as I said before - being in the Administrators group does NOT grant you administrative rights in the OpenDeploy Admin GUI. You need to either be the bootstrap administrator or have the bootstrap administrator grant you those rights explicitly within the Admin GUI.
The default bootstrap administrator is "Administrator" on Windows and "root" on Unix.
I suggest you work with someone who does have the ability to log in as "Administrator" to get your account set up as an od-admin on the various servers you need access to.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
laj1
The config files on the base server have me as the bootstrap user.
But I am unable to manipulate anything on the receiver through the gui.
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
Migrateduser
Let's get back to the basics:
In deploy.cfg, where bootstrap user is defined, you OUGHT to put a line like
OSUMC_NT1\jaff02
NOT
nt1cntmgmt-p1\jaff02
Since the first is what OD Admin get and send to OD server for checking the permission as far as OD concerned.
Please try this and restart the receiver. Thanks,
Junbo
Migrateduser
In deploy.cfg, for Windows users
actually make sure the boostrap user is specified with double-back slash.
eg.
Deploy.bootStrapUserName: OSUMC_NT1\\jaff02
Also, check your OD receiver server log found in
<od-home>/log/<hostname>_rcvr.log
to see what your OD receiver thinks is its bootstrap user.
At receiver startup time, the bootstrap user is printed
out into this logfile.
You will want to log into the OD admin as this user
when you want to access that receiver.
laj1
So, I was looking at my deploy.cfg, as suggested by several of you, and it turns out to be even simpler.
So I've stapled a big scarlet L to my forehead, and ...
added my base server to the odnodes.xml file on the receiver.
[Len ducks and tries to scamper away to avoid the well-earned deluge of rocks and garbage thbat he's about to
be pelted with. he thinks maybe he'll lay low for a few days]
Thanks for all your help you guys.
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
Migrateduser
Dear all,
I have a same thing
My log is show below
SEC: 2003-11-25 13:56:57 EST GMT-05:00 Successfully created OpenDeploy User role database.
API: 2003-11-25 13:56:57 EST GMT-05:00 Starting OpenDeploy security.
API: 2003-11-25 13:56:57 EST GMT-05:00 *** OpenDeploy security started. ***
API: 2003-11-25 13:56:57 EST GMT-05:00 Creating OpenDeploy server.
ENG: 2003-11-25 13:56:57 EST GMT-05:00 Instantiating the OpenDeploy Server engine
ENG: 2003-11-25 13:56:58 EST GMT-05:00 *** I18N initialization done ***
ENG: 2003-11-25 13:56:58 EST GMT-05:00 *** DeployServer is a sender ***
ENG: 2003-11-25 13:56:58 EST GMT-05:00 Initialized scheduler
ENG: 2003-11-25 13:56:58 EST GMT-05:00 *** DeployServer is a receiver ***
ENG: 2003-11-25 13:56:58 EST GMT-05:00 *** Fan-out capability enabled ***
API: 2003-11-25 13:56:58 EST GMT-05:00 Starting OpenDeploy server.
ENG: 2003-11-25 13:56:58 EST GMT-05:00 Getting the local Node = NT40H-IWOV
ENG: 2003-11-25 13:56:58 EST GMT-05:00 Creating session listener on port 20014...
ENG: 2003-11-25 13:56:58 EST GMT-05:00 Session Listener bound on [NT40H-IWOV:20014]...
ENG: 2003-11-25 13:56:58 EST GMT-05:00 Starting scheduler
ENG: 2003-11-25 13:56:58 EST GMT-05:00 OpenDeploy Server engine started
API: 2003-11-25 13:56:58 EST GMT-05:00 *** OpenDeploy server started. ***
API: 2003-11-25 14:04:32 EST GMT-05:00 Requested start of deployment: test
API: 2003-11-25 14:04:32 EST GMT-05:00 User administrator login on od-admin role but is not an od-admin user on this OpenDeploy host.
API: 2003-11-25 14:04:32 EST GMT-05:00 User administrator not in od-user role either.
API: 2003-11-25 14:04:32 EST GMT-05:00 Request denied. User: administrator, login role: od-admin, deployment: test, request: START_DEPLOY
API: 2003-11-25 14:04:45 EST GMT-05:00 User administrator login on od-admin role but is not an od-admin user on this OpenDeploy host.
I try, and try to solve it , but I can't
Thank you.
Migrateduser
Make sure you've set up the bootstrap user correctly for the Base Server and for the Operations Server (or OpenAPI if using TeamSite on the OD Admin host.) You should download the updated OD docs (Nov 2003 edition) from the support site and follow the setup instructions carefully.
By default, OD provides a bootstrap user name of root and <hostname>\Administrator, which you can login as if you haven't set up your own bootstrap user. Use root if the Operations Server is running on a Unix system, or if the Operations Server is running on Windows, use <hostname>\Administrator where <hostname> is the name of the host where the Operations Server runs.
If you need further assistance, please open a case with Tech Support.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com