Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multiple Cross tabs and grand totals
ykoto
Hi all,
I have a report that needs to contain two crosstabs on the same sheet. I attach a small example of the output. On the botton of the second crosstabe I need to have a row or more with computed values based on the grand totals of the two cross tabs. What is the way to do this. For the same report, how is it possible to be sure for the two crosstab allignemt of the columns?
thanx
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You could create a global array and then add the totals from each cross tab into it. Then when you create the report you could show the total of crosstabArray2
+ crosstabArray2
in a third table.
ykoto
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="111435" data-time="1352750740" data-date="12 November 2012 - 01:05 PM"><p>
You could create a global array and then add the totals from each cross tab into it. Then when you create the report you could show the total of crosstabArray2
+ crosstabArray2
in a third table.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
thanx a lot for the reply. I 've never worked with a global array before. Do you have some quick links to some examples? A question on your answer is how will the third table have the size(width) of the crosstab, I mean the same number of columns in order to add totals for each column. It will have to be a crosstab itself?<br />
<br />
thanx again
kclark
I've added a sample report for you to look at, this creates a scripted data set that is being used in the third cross tab to display the aggregate totals. For the alignment the row dimensions just need to be set. Take a look at this and let me know if you have any questions, it should translate pretty good with what you're trying to do.
ykoto
Well your example seems very close to what I want to achieve. I will finally need to substract the totals on the third crosstab as I need the difference of them but probably this is already solved with what you provided. So let me have a more thorough look and I'll let you know if I have any question.
ykoto
So, I'am finally back. Your post really helped my but some parts of the reports I need to create are a bit more tricky as I need with the same technique to pass some values to a crosstab on the top of the page. This results in an empty tab as I assume that the values have to first be computed and they are not at that time because they are actually computed on another crosstab at the bottom of the page. Do you have solution for this? When I change the position of the tab the values appear ok.
thanks again for your help