Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
I am using BIRT 3.7.2, i want ot display the current group value in master page
jain
I am using BIRT 3.7.2, need to display current group value on the footer masterpage, i have just added grid and bounded with dataset, the same value is getting reflected on all pages.could you please help me out on this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Do you need it to be in the footer of the masterpage? I've attached a report that I built that groups on the customer number and forces a page break after each group. I then aggregated with the concatenate in the group footer to show the value of the group in the footer of each table.
jain
Thanks for your reply Kclark, what I want is to display the current group value in the footer of masterpage.
jain
Hi Kclark, I have found a solution for this, but problem is the current group value is displaying correctly in masterpage only when we preview it in webviewer, value is coming improper when I preview it in pdf/ppt format. I want to know its a fuctionality behaviour or is there a way to fix this issue?
kclark
Jain I ran your report on 3.7.2 and it behaves as expected in the Webviewer and PDF what problems are you having with it outside of the webviewer?
jain
Yes Kclark, when we preview through webviewer and from there if we export as pdf/ppt format the customer value is coming correctly, but problem here is without going to webviewer(that is outside webviewer), if we tried to view as pdf/ppt format in first page the value is coming as 0 and the value for first page is displaying in second page like-wise its behaving. I have attached the results of webviewer, pdf and ppt formats for your reference.
kclark
jain, looking at your report it looks like everything is working as expected. The reason you are getting those results when going to PDF/PPT from the designer is because it needs to be run in separate run and render tasks. For testing how you are doing it now (WebViewer->Export to PDF/PPT) is the best way to go. When you deploy the report it will show correctly. If you are using Java to generate the report you would just need to write the code to use separate tasks. If you're using the URL parameters you would use the frameset URL map and use format=pdf and the report will show as needed.
jain
Thanks Kclark, the information which you have provided is really helpful for me.