Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Interwoven 6
point_taken
Hello:
Will Interwoven 6.0 support XP?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Yes, TeamSite 6 will support an XP client.
Note that the XP client is also supported for TS 5.5.2 SP2 and later.
point_taken
What about the Teamsite Server? Will is support XP?
Migrateduser
There are no plans right now to support the TeamSite server on Windows XP. Microsoft themselves have been pushing XP as a client OS discrete from their server line of products which are being developed on a different track.
We will be adding support Windows Sever 2003 in the very near future but not XP. I'm curious, does your organization use XP as a server platform?
Thanks!
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
point_taken
No, we're a 2000 server shop. I'm interest for local development on a XP based desktop. Our CM Framework does not allow some developers access to admin controls even on a development environment, so we have been developing on local desktops. We upgraded to XP and we've been having trouble installing Teamsite on our local environment. I found out that XP was supported this way. I guess I could have read the release notes for this information, but that seemed to easy. So, I was moving to ask questions about IW 6 and possible support for XP. I'm going to request a win2000 environment.
Thank you for the clarification.