Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Iterating Grid
nihar_2
Hi , I am new to BIRT , previously i used to work with BI Publisher .
I need small help from you guys,, I need to iterate the grid layout.
Example : suppose i have student table , I need each student details in each page . That means I will set custom layout for the report and it should fetch new row data for every new page till it reaches last column.
Can u guide me the process ,, Thank you ...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Hi nihar! If I understand your question correctly then you need to use a table not a grid, assuming all of your data is in the same dataset. When you create a table and drag the fields (STUDENT_ID, STUDENT_NAME, STUDENT_GRADE for example) to the table then BIRT will automatically loop through all of the data filling the table for you. This is unless you are needing to use a grid for a specific reason. If that's the case can you expand on that a little more for me?
nihar_2
I have attached my required layout, please check the attachment ...
Thank You
nihar_2
I have attached my required layout, please check the attachment ...
Thank You
HPP
hi nihar,
I have attached a sample in which i have added a grid inside a table. Pls check whether it is useful to you,
let me know if u have doubts
nihar_2
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'HPP'" data-cid="111546" data-time="1352969819" data-date="15 November 2012 - 01:56 AM"><p>
hi nihar,<br />
<br />
I have attached a sample in which i have added a grid inside a table. Pls check whether it is useful to you,<br />
let me know if u have doubts<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi , thanks for the reply,, <br />
<br />
the attachment which u sent is helpful to some extent , but i need the contents in vertical format rather then in horizontal. And after each row fetched the new row should be in the next page...<br />
<br />
<br />
can u guide me with that ,, it is very urgent requirement ....<br />
<br />
<br />
thanks in advance ....