Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
adding new chart type - genmodel creation
Raghava
Hi All,
I am working on a new chart type.For that,I have to create a genmodel from a xsd file. xsd model is importing 'model.xsd' from 'org.eclipse.birt.chart.engine'. But I can't see any file with name model.xsd inside that jar.And genmodel creation is throwing error saying that unable to import.Kindly help me out.I am using Birt2.6.2.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Can you post the rptdesign? When creating the datasource in BIRT after you select XML it gives you two browse buttons. The second is for xsd files and you should be able to point BIRT at it that way. Does the error give you any more information than that?
Raghava
Hi Clark,
Thank you for quick reply. It has nothing to do with rptdesign. I am referring 'Integrating_and_Extending_BIRT_3rd_Edition' book to create new chart. And that book stating that in 'org.eclipse.birt.chart.engine jar we can see model.xsd,attribute.xsd,component.xsd files etc in xsd folder. But there is no such folder inside the jar. I have to import those files in my xsd file.
Please find the attached xml schema file.
1) xsd:import namespace="
http://www.birt.eclipse.org/ChartModel"
; schemaLocation="../../../../../../../../../../org.eclipse.birt.chart.engine/xsd/model.xsd"/>
is the above line which is used in attached schema file is correct?
2) <xsd:extension base="component:Series">
above line showing error 'src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name 'component:Series' to a(n) 'type definition'.
Kindly help me out.
Regards,
Raghava