Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Simple grouping in 2nd chart...
rem955
I have one data set that I am using for a report that contains check information. It is already grouped by date, type, amount, etc, but I want to create a second chart underneath it showing the totals for the different check types. Totals of the amounts, that is. I have tried to create an aggregate on a grouped table that has the check type in the first column then the aggregation goes in the second part, but the results in an error and the check type appears multiple times as many as there are shown above in the date grouped area. I want each to only show one time. How do I specify to give me the sum for each check type?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You could create a data cube using the check type as the group and the check amount as the summary. When you create the new data cube you can select the type of aggregation for the check amount, I think it defaults to count, so if you want sum make sure to change that. When you create the new chart select the radio button "Use Data From" and choose your data cube. You can then use the check type for the X and amount for the Y.