Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
templates on parameters
RaniAg
Hi,
I've designed a number of reports in Birt and I'm still learning.
Thanks to this forum esp. to Williams I've achieved and learnt a lot of features.
I want to create a single template for all my reports to show the parameters that have been chosen and the date time. Is there a possibilty to this and dynamically show the texts of the parameters based on one template?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You want to create a report that shows when all of your report have run and what parameters were chosen? Is this what you're wanting to do? Or are you wanting to be able to just show the parameters and the date time in each report when it's run? Or something else? Let me know.
RaniAg
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="111624" data-time="1353170297" data-date="17 November 2012 - 09:38 AM"><p>
You want to create a report that shows when all of your report have run and what parameters were chosen? Is this what you're wanting to do? Or are you wanting to be able to just show the parameters and the date time in each report when it's run? Or something else? Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Williams,<br />
I thought to create a first page with all the chosen parameters for each report.<br />
F.i. if I've have a report with 5 parameters, I would like to show the values of these on the first page (rathter than the footer as indicated earlier)<br />
If I've a report with 3 parameters I would like to show these 3 values (incl. cascading parameters)<br />
I was thinking to make a general dynamic procedure to reuse this for all my reports. So a generic template that could be used for all reports.<br />
Is this feasible? Or should I use the params[paramName].displayText for every paramater for ech report.<br />
Hope I'm clear. If not let me know.<br />
Thanks in advance.
mwilliams
Well, you could use a dynamic text to dynamically step through the parameters for a report and then display that parameter's value. You shouldn't have to do this individually for each report. You'd have to add this dynamic text box to each report.