Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Border width in Excel report
rahula
Hi,
I am currently using Birt version 2.2.1
I have set the border of tables in my .rptdesign file as 0.5mm . The border appears thin when the report is generated as 'Preview' in the BiRT editor.However,when I try exporting it to excel,the border appears really thick.
Is this a problem with the xls export emitter itself? Is there any workaround for this?
Regards,
Rahul
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jtk
You need to report this problem in the "Designing BIRT Reports" forum. I know it is confusing since you are designing an Excel/Spreadsheet report, but this forum is for the BIRT Spreadsheet product - it's a totally different product from BIRT itself.
kclark
Can you recreate this with the sample db and post the rptdesign?
rahula
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="111700" data-time="1353444903" data-date="20 November 2012 - 01:55 PM"><p>
Can you recreate this with the sample db and post the rptdesign?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks for your reply kclark.<br />
<br />
I am attaching the same example as that found in the BiRT online tutorial on the official BiRT website.<br />
<br />
Note that I have set the borders of the table to 0.5mm<br />
<br />
Also find attached the exported excel file.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance<br />
<br />
rahula
RiaR
Hi Rahula,<br />
Have you set any border colors for the table in the design? If so click the table and on properties choose borders and in that alter the width of the border so that it appears thin in preview as well as in exporting to excel file.<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'rahula'" data-cid="111727" data-time="1353493611" data-date="21 November 2012 - 03:26 AM"><p>
Thanks for your reply kclark.<br />
<br />
I am attaching the same example as that found in the BiRT online tutorial on the official BiRT website.<br />
<br />
Note that I have set the borders of the table to 0.5mm<br />
<br />
Also find attached the exported excel file.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance<br />
<br />
rahula<br /></p></blockquote>