Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Error happened while running the report
linucksrox
Hi, I'm having all kinds of trouble selecting a default value for a dynamic combo box (is required). When clicking "<Select Value...>" it throws an exception, and the error code is "Error.ReportRunError"
This is looking up a field called member_id from a dataset that is already defined. When I preview the results of the dataset, it pulls in all member_id's without any trouble, but when I create a report parameter based on this value, it doesn't work. When previewing a report using this, it doesn't pull in any of the member_id's either. Any ideas? I've tried clearing the cache with no help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
What version of BIRT are you using? Is there more text with that error?
linucksrox
I found out that I was doing things wrong with the data source. I was using the XML Data Source File in the Data Source Property Binding to try to generate the dynamic XML query. This was working to create reports at one point, but wouldn't allow me to preview data while creating new data sets or linking report parameters. I put the code in the Data Source beforeOpen() method now, and this is working fine.