Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
display several pages when past multi-value parameter in one report
Jackie
Hi,
Can someone help me how to display several pages, when receive a multi-select-value parameter.
for example, when customs select one like "1", then show one page, just for "1". When select multi-value like "1,2" , then I want to show two pages, one for "1", another for "2".
I may process the multi-value in Before Factory, split "1,2" to "1","2", but have no following ideas.
happy to receive any idea.
p.s. I am working on BIRT 4.2.0
best regards.
from Jackie
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
Hi Jackie,
Can you give more details about what you are trying to do?
Is there a data set that needs to be filtered based on the selected values? And then all records that have a data set column = 1 need to be on page 1 and records that have that data set column = 2 need to be on page 2?
Jackie
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Hans_vd'" data-cid="111675" data-time="1353406523" data-date="20 November 2012 - 03:15 AM"><p>
Hi Jackie,<br />
<br />
Can you give more details about what you are trying to do?<br />
Is there a data set that needs to be filtered based on the selected values? And then all records that have a data set column = 1 need to be on page 1 and records that have that data set column = 2 need to be on page 2?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Hans,<br />
firstly thank you very much.<br />
Sorry having not discribed the aim clearly. I want to print several times with different report font color.<br />
I have attached my report design file. In the BeforeFactory, I handle the multi-selected-param "use". My report has handled the multi-select-value as a single value, like use = reportContext.getParameterValue("use")[0]. but that not reach my aim. <br />
if uses=[1,2,3], how can I do the following loop, print three times with different font color <br />
for(i=0; i<uses.length; i++){<br />
print uses.length times report<br />
}<br />
<br />
regards<br />
from Jackie.
Hans_vd
Hi Jackie,<br />
<br />
I'm not aware of any possibility to repeat a page, but you could do it like this:<br />
- create 7 tables, each with a different font color, each (except the last one) with Page Break After = Always<br />
- for each table create a visibility expression like this:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>if ((params["use"].value).indexOf("1") >= 0)
false
else
true</pre>
- replace "1" by "2" for the second table, by "3" for the third table and so on...<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Hans
Jackie
Hi Hans,
Thanks very much for your advice, with your help I can reach the aim.
But there is another problem, the page is too large. Can I loop it just when printing ?
Best regards
From Jackie.