Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart:To set Marker line to 0
jain
Hi,
I am using Birt 3.7, I have created 3-series Bar chart. Requirement is to set Marker line to 0 that is 0 line to be visible for all scenario.Manually I have set the Marker line to 0, but problem is in one scenario its failing incase y-series as only positive values. I am attaching the sample for this issue. could anyone provide me solution.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Can you recreate this with the sample db and post the report? It sounds like you could check the values in afterDataSetFilled and adjust depending on that. If they are all positive you would make the minimum value 0 and if the are negitive you could leave it the way it is.
jain
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="111910" data-time="1354133050" data-date="28 November 2012 - 01:04 PM"><p>
Can you recreate this with the sample db and post the report? It sounds like you could check the values in afterDataSetFilled and adjust depending on that. If they are all positive you would make the minimum value 0 and if the are negitive you could leave it the way it is.<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi Kclark,<br />
<br />
Thanks for your reply, I will recreate and post the report. Actually I have created bar chart with 3-series and set the marker line to 0, the problem is marker line draws only for 0 value, incase y-series doesnt contains 0 value the marker line is set to x-axis, but what I want is to set the marker line on minimum value. I have attached the sample chart for your reference<br />
<br />
And I have no idea how to check the values through script it would be helpful if you could share some example on how to check the values in afterDataSetFilled event.
jain
Hi,
As you said, I have recreated the issue using scripted dataset to set the marker line to start from 0 by using script (afterDatasetFilled and beforeGeneration), the problem is still there incase all values are positive then y-axis starts from minimum value but what I want is to set marker line minimum to 0 only for positive values. could you please help me out on this.