Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to pass date parameters from one report to another
Burkettma
I have a report where I created data cube based on ticket create dates. I set this cube to group by month. Then I created a chart based on the months, so I can see how many tickets where created during each month. Now I would like to create a drill down report based on the month selected (ex. Oct 2012. However, I need to be able to pass 10/1/12 (Start date) through 10/31/12 (End date). Can anyone assist me on a solution to this?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could either compute the two dates from the year and month information you have, in the master report to pass to the drill down report. Or you could pass the information you have to a parameter in the drill down report and then compute the month start and end dates. If you need an example, let me know your BIRT version.
Burkettma
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="111943" data-time="1354254958" data-date="29 November 2012 - 10:55 PM"><p>
You could either compute the two dates from the year and month information you have, in the master report to pass to the drill down report. Or you could pass the information you have to a parameter in the drill down report and then compute the month start and end dates. If you need an example, let me know your BIRT version.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
I'm using 4.2.1
mwilliams
Take a look at these two reports. Run the Master report and click on the values. The drill down report will only display the payments from that month. You can see how this was done in the drill down hyperlink parameter scripts.
Burkettma
I re-attached your master report, please take a look. I created a chart similar to what is in the report that I have created. I can pass the dates from a crosstab, but I'm unable to do so from the chart. I have created an interaction on the x-axis. If you could take a look I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Matt
mwilliams
My mistake for misunderstanding. I'll take a look, right now.
mwilliams
The problem is you don't have access to the data, in the axis hyperlink expression. So, what you're essentially sending along is startDate = new Date(0,-1,1) and endDate = new Date(0,0,0), which is passing 1899-12-01 and 1899-12-31. These obviously won't return data, so you get an empty report. In the actual bar, you'd have data. Can you put your link on the bar, instead?
Burkettma
I tried that as well, but was not successful. Do you have any ideas?
Thanks for all your help on this.
Matt
mwilliams
This area seems pretty buggy. If I try to write an expression using the categoryData variable, I get an error saying that it's not defined. If I simply pass the category data to the detail report and separate it to two dates, in the dataSet script, it works fine. Take a look at the attached two reports. You might log a bug for this at eclipse.org/birt.
Burkettma
Michael,
This worked for me, I was able to use it in my report.
Thanks for the help.
Matt
mwilliams
Great! Glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions.
Bagavath Padmanabhan
<p>I have one bar chart. Whenever the click the bar i want to show the grid in drill down . Here i want pass parameters to drilldown from the source report and one value (when clicking the bar, it will take the value ) like this..How can i do this? Help me.</p>
JFreeman
<p>In the Interactivity menu for the Value (Y) Series in the Format Chart dialogue, you can add a hyperlink on mouse click that is a drill through to to another report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>That should do what you are describing.</p>