Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Applying Alternate CSS at run time
ncorbet
Hello All,<br />
<br />
I am hoping that there is a simple solution to my problem so I figured I would ask the experts. I have a Maven Project that is primarily used for report designs and is jar'd up for use in other projects. The project also contains all my spring-ified java classes to run and render the reports. It has a typical structure like so:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
src/main/java
src/main/resources
/images
/css
MySample.css
MyReport.rptdesign
MyLibrary.rptlibrary.
</pre>
<br />
What I would like to do, is use the CSS and Images that are named the same, have the same css tags, and are in the same folder structure (just have different colors ) from another jar that calls the code to run and render the reports. I have excluded the design time css and images from the maven build and when I run the code that runs and renders the report in my new project ( from my IDE ) , it properly uses the alternate CSS that is in it's src/main/resources/css and is named MySample.css. The problem is, when I jar up that project for use in my WAR it no longer works. I am assuming this is because the filename value in the library still points to "src/main/resources/css/MySample.css".<br />
<br />
Does anyone else do this type of thing and if so what is your solution?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Neil
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ncorbet
Is there anything I can do programmatically to change it?<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'ncorbet'" data-cid="111940" data-time="1354248803" data-date="29 November 2012 - 09:13 PM"><p>
Hello All,<br />
<br />
I am hoping that there is a simple solution to my problem so I figured I would ask the experts. I have a Maven Project that is primarily used for report designs and is jar'd up for use in other projects. The project also contains all my spring-ified java classes to run and render the reports. It has a typical structure like so:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
src/main/java
src/main/resources
/images
/css
MySample.css
MyReport.rptdesign
MyLibrary.rptlibrary.
</pre>
<br />
What I would like to do, is use the CSS and Images that are named the same, have the same css tags, and are in the same folder structure (just have different colors ) from another jar that calls the code to run and render the reports. I have excluded the design time css and images from the maven build and when I run the code that runs and renders the report in my new project ( from my IDE ) , it properly uses the alternate CSS that is in it's src/main/resources/css and is named MySample.css. The problem is, when I jar up that project for use in my WAR it no longer works. I am assuming this is because the filename value in the library still points to "src/main/resources/css/MySample.css".<br />
<br />
Does anyone else do this type of thing and if so what is your solution?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Neil<br /></p></blockquote>