Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chinese Text Alignment on PDF
xyc0562
Greetings!
I have been developing a BIRT report that needs to be exported to PDF.
The language of the report is traditional Chinese.
Everything is quite OK, except that there seems to be a problem with text alignment (of Chinese characters).
Some of the text in the text field gets truncated and cannot be seen in the generated PDF.
A picture says a thousand words, please refer to the attached screen shots for the detail of the problem.
The first image shows the text gets truncated in the PDF and the second shows that these characters actually go "into" the margin and is still there. My guess is that it is somehow related to the calculation of character width.
Could anybody give me a hand? I have spent several hours and still could not fix the problem.
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
xyc0562
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'xyc0562'" data-cid="112102" data-time="1354763151" data-date="05 December 2012 - 08:05 PM"><p>
Greetings!<br />
<br />
I have been developing a BIRT report that needs to be exported to PDF.<br />
<br />
The language of the report is traditional Chinese.<br />
<br />
Everything is quite OK, except that there seems to be a problem with text alignment (of Chinese characters).<br />
<br />
Some of the text in the text field gets truncated and cannot be seen in the generated PDF.<br />
<br />
A picture says a thousand words, please refer to the attached screen shots for the detail of the problem.<br />
<br />
The first image shows the text gets truncated in the PDF and the second shows that these characters actually go "into" the margin and is still there. My guess is that it is somehow related to the calculation of character width.<br />
<br />
Could anybody give me a hand? I have spent several hours and still could not fix the problem.<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
OK, I have figured this out finally.<br />
<br />
I need to specifically set a font to use instead of letting BIRT figure it out by itself.<br />
<br />
After setting a font the problem is not longer there.