Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Creating a select list for report
nihar_2
Hi , I am new to Birt ,
Can u guide me steps regarding how to create a List filter to report ,
Thank You
Nihar Narla
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You're wanting a list box to appear and you'd like to sort your table by the users selection correct? Take a look at the rptdesign I attached. I created a parameter then created a new filter on the table. You can build an expression in the edit filter condition to row["ROWNAME"] equal to params["PARAMNAME"]
nihar_2
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="112134" data-time="1354804968" data-date="06 December 2012 - 07:42 AM"><p>
You're wanting a list box to appear and you'd like to sort your table by the users selection correct? Take a look at the rptdesign I attached. I created a parameter then created a new filter on the table. You can build an expression in the edit filter condition to row["ROWNAME"] equal to params["PARAMNAME"]<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
The Solution is almost correct, But i want the list to be just above the table , and user can select from the same page itself, not as separated popup.
kclark
Take a look at this post
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/24443-refresh-table-on-click-of-button/
it looks like you can do this using an html list box and passing parameters back to the report.