Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
calculating a column from two others in a Grid
andyf
I have a grid (not a table) which has 4 columns:<br />
<br />
<span style='font-family: Courier New'><br />
Value=============12/1/2012 12/2/2012 % Change <br />
Market Cap===========100000 200000<br />
Number of Trades========200 400<br />
</span><br />
<br />
<br />
The reason why I used a grid is because the two middle columns are the results of two SQL queries, but the report basically flips the rows and columns and I couldn't figure out how to do this with a table control. I can drag/drop the fields from the data source into the grid and it creates data controls which are bound to the data source fields. However, I can't figure out how to create a computed column which would calculate the percent change for each of those rows.<br />
<br />
I am new to BIRT so maybe this is the wrong way to go about this.<br />
<br />
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You could set the values as a global persistent variable in each cell. This way you could call the values later where you want to do your math. I haven't tried it yet but I think it should work.