I am trying to figure out how to use a property file to configure a jdbc url for a data source.<br />
I found a post on StackOverflow which describes how to add a resource file to a report where you can specify properties and then use the property binding section of the data source to point to the properties file (<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1340339/birt-data-source-parameters-from-a-property-file'>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1340339/birt-data-source-parameters-from-a-property-file</a>). The post says I should use the following expression:<br />
reportContext.getMessage("propertyKey", reportContext.getLocale()); <br />
<br />
I assume this expression goes in the JDBC Driver URL section of the Property Bindings tab. However, the RCP Report builder app that I use does not allow me to delete the JDBC URL from the original hard-coded place in the BIRT JDBC Data Source tab. Does the Property Binding somehow override the hard-coded value?<br />
<br />
I also have a general question about where to find documentation for all the various options in the Data Source editor. For example, there is mention of Connection Profiles - where can I find info on those and also on all the options in the Property Bindings tab?<br />
<br />
Thanks!