Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Howto get dataset values in a report variable?
the wizard
Hi all,
My goal is to get values from my processed xml dataset in some pre-defined report variables.
In my xml under the tag "parameters", there are 2 parameters "block_01" and "block_02".
From both I require the value inside the report variable.
Below you'll see a screenshot of my xml data and my data explorer.
I know this should be possible, but I'm simply missing the experiences.
Best regards, Wim
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
I haven't tried it for you situation yet but I would think that you could make the data you need a global persistent variable and you can call that variable from wherever you need, in this case block_01 and block_02.
the wizard
I tried putting the line below on my "beforeFactory" script on the report:
reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable("block_03", params["subsidiary"].value);
Then I tried getting this value by the expresion below, but it didn't work:
reportContext.getPersistentGlobalVariable("block_03")
Does anyone have some more ideas?