Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Charts not showing in IE8
Washu
Reports that worked in BIRT 2.5 do not display charts in IE8 after being upgraded to 4.2. This is the error displayed.
org.apache.xml.serializer.ToXMLSAXHandler cannot be cast to org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler
Can anyone provide information that can help me get the reports working?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Are you deployed on JBoss? If so, remove the org.apache.xml.serializer_2.7.1.v201005080400.jar and org.apache.xerces_2.9.0.v201101211617.jar from the WEB-INF\lib folder, in the WebViewerExample, then restart the app server.
Washu
I am using Tomcat 6. I uploaded the WebViewerExample, renamed it, and then uploaded the report files. Seemed to work fine except when using IE8 browsers.
Any help would be appreciated.
mwilliams
I just tested this on IE8 with BIRT 4.2.1, with no issue. Can you attach a report that uses the sample database that shows this issue, for you? This way I can run the report. Thanks.
Washu
I will see what I can do. The issue has occurred in IE8 and Firefox, but not consistently for a single user. Sometimes the user will see the charts, and sometimes not. This occurs in 4 reports.
mwilliams
Alright. Let me know if you can reproduce it. What is the chart type, you're using? SVG? If so, you might try PNG.