Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Mysterious Error Message Returned in Birt Report Designer
jherbin
Hello,
I'm attempting to create an Information Object. After defining my data connection definition and maps, I tried to preview the data in the Data Preview View. Instead of showing me the list of values that I expected, I received the error that I've attached to this thread. How do I determine which field connection properties it claim's I'm missing? At this point in my Birt Experience, the message if very vague. I went over my data connection definition and successfully tested the connection. What is the Information Object expecting me to provide in order to show the preview?
Thanks,
James
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What type of dataSource are you using?
jherbin
I'm using an XML Data Source.
jherbin
Not sure what changed, but I can now preview data in the Data Preview View of the Information Object designer. I don't get this error message anymore.
Thanks.
mwilliams
Very weird. If you figure out what caused it, let me know.