Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hyperlink using run mode (not frameset)
scadden
Hi,
I would like to link to a report using the run mode (not frameset mode) and pass in parameters found in a reports table.
I can do this in frameset mode using the drill through approach and defining the parameters found in the row of a table.
Is there a way to force the use of "run mode" using the drill through hyperlink type? Or is there another approach I could take?
Thanks,
Steve
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
The approach you are taking is correct. If you are executing and viewing the report via the Run servlet, then the resulting drill through hyperlink will contain the same Run servlet method in the context path. <br />
<br />
For example, I have deployed the BIRT 4.2.1 Runtime to my app server (Tomcat 6) and placed the BIRT Designs into /var/lib/tomcat6/BIRT421/reports. I have the web.xml setting, BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER, set to /var/lib/tomcat6/BIRT421/reports.<br />
<br />
In my browser, I use the Run servlet on the parent report, and the resulting report is generated.<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>http://myappserver/BIRT421/run?__report=Sample_Base.rptdesign</pre>
If I hover over the links, the parameter(s) will be added:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>http://myappserver/BIRT/run?__report=Sample_Target.rptdesign&__format=html&NewParameter=112&__locale=en_US&__svg=true&__designer=false</pre>
When I click on one of the links, the new report will be generated using the Run servlet.<br />
<br />
I have attached my files built from Actuate 11 SP4 Fix1 (which is BIRT 3.7.2) and you can take a look, and deploy it into your environment.<br />
<br />
What error or behavior are you experiencing? Please also indicate versions of your products, and include samples and any config settings you have customized.<br />
<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Clement Wong<br />
Actuate Corporation