Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Can I change owner of workarea?
Bowker
W2k
ts 5.5.2
The userid that owns our main workarea is no longer valid. I need to change the share group on that workarea.
Can I either change the ownership of the workarea? ( how? )
or
Can someone else change the group ownership? ( how? )
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnjamesmarsh
There is a setting in the iw.cfg for the owner of the main branch. Will that do what you want? Mine are:
main_owner=root
main_group=root
Not sure that changing the settings will change the system or if you have to do something else.
Actually the manual (page 153 TS 552 Solaris) says you need to chown and chgrp the ownership of the directories. If you create a new backingstore the settings in the iw.cfg take effect.
Hope that helps,
John
Adam Stoller
If you're talking about a WORKAREA - simplest way is to create a new workarea with the correct owner/group access, do a Get Latest in the new workarea, and then compre it with the old workarea to see if there's anything you want to copy over before deleting the old workarea and renaming the new workarea into its place.
You could just change permissions from within Explorer, but I'm inclined to think that there might be information stored in the backing store somewhere that might possibly trip you up down the line (I could be wrong, but I prefer to err on the side of caution here)
You could also make use of iwidmap to change the owner/group SIDs to refer to a different user - this might be simpler in some respects to the first suggestion - but I think it's a little less "straight-forward"
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
mgal
On windows to change the "shared group" for a branch or workarea you can use the command line tool iwchgrp. The arguments are group name and the areavpath.