Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Programmatically export a single table from a report to a tsv file
annblack
Hello! I am generating a BIRT report through some custom java logic that gets kicked off in a workflow. The report we have designed uses computed columns and custom data fields which are based on data from our data sources. I would like to be able to programmatically export out a single table that uses these new fields (not all tables) from the report as a tab separated value file in addition to generating a pdf report from the design template. I was wondering if this is possible, and if so, if there are any sample/example logic to accomplish this?
Thanks so much for any insight!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you explain this a little more in detail? Maybe show some data?
annblack
Thanks for the response! I think I may have a solution. I am using the csv emitter:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1417-csv-emitter-plugin-for-birt/
It is a good example to what I was needing - but incomplete since it does support nested tables and has bugs. But I have been altering the code of it and have it nearly working (fingers crossed)
mwilliams
Good luck. Let me know if you have any further questions.