Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart issue
VSafonov
Trying to deploy a chart report to tomcat<br />
Apache Tomcat/6.0.36 1.5.0.11-_07_nov_2007_10_59 Hewlett-Packard Company HP-UX B.11.11 PA_RISC2.0 <br />
Birt runtime is<br />
Viewer Version : 3.7.2<br />
Engine Version: 3.7.2<br />
JRE version: 1.5.0.11<br />
<br />
Report was designed with <br />
Actuate BIRT Designer Professional <br />
Version: 11.0.4<br />
Build id: 20121023<br />
<br />
here is the errors I get:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Dec 14, 2012 3:59:59 PM org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemImpl deserialize
WARNING: Exception
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Package with uri 'null' not found. (file:///home/actuate8/vs_tc/tomcat/bin/test.chart, 1, 31)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.handleErrors(XMLLoadImpl.java:83)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:191)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:242)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1511)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.impl.SerializerImpl.fromXml(SerializerImpl.java:465)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemImpl.deserialize(ChartReportItemImpl.java:295)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.extension.PeerExtensibilityProvider.initializeReportItem(PeerExtensibilityProvider.java:580)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.ExtendedItem.initializeReportItem(ExtendedItem.java:307)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.ExtendedItem.doCheck(ExtendedItem.java:642)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.ExtendedItem.checkCompatibility(ExtendedItem.java:604)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleParserHandler.handleExtendedItemCompatibility(ModuleParserHandler.java:468)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleParserHandler.doEndDocument(ModuleParserHandler.java:429)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleParserHandler.endDocument(ModuleParserHandler.java:278)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.endEntity(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.endEntity(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.skipSpaces(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$TrailingMiscDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleReader.readModule(ModuleReader.java:97)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignReader.read(DesignReader.java:88)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.DesignSessionImpl.openDesign(DesignSessionImpl.java:315)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.SessionHandleImpl.openDesign(SessionHandleImpl.java:294)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.ReportParser.getDesignHandle(ReportParser.java:158)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.getReportDesignHandle(ReportEngineHelper.java:255)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:274)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openReportDesign(ReportEngine.java:616)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.openReportDesign(ReportEngineService.java:387)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.utility.BirtUtility.getRunnableFromDesignFile(BirtUtility.java:607)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.getDesignHandle(ViewerAttributeBean.java:641)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__init(ViewerAttributeBean.java:224)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean.init(BaseAttributeBean.java:233)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.<init>(ViewerAttributeBean.java:118)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.__init(BirtContext.java:44)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseContext.<init>(BaseContext.java:69)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.<init>(BirtContext.java:30)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet.__getContext(ViewerServlet.java:150)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doGet(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:151)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException: Package with uri 'null' not found. (file:///home/actuate8/vs_tc/tomcat/bin/test.chart, 1, 31)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createObjectByType(XMLHandler.java:1307)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createTopObject(XMLHandler.java:1468)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.processElement(XMLHandler.java:1019)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler.java:1001)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler.java:712)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:181)
... 62 more
</pre>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you're using the open source runtime? What type of chart is it? One that is Actuate BIRT specific? Like HTML5 or Flash?
VSafonov
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="112492" data-time="1355752146" data-date="17 December 2012 - 06:49 AM"><p>
So, you're using the open source runtime? What type of chart is it? One that is Actuate BIRT specific? Like HTML5 or Flash?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Initially it was HTML5, but then I figured it might be "actuate" chart and tried png and jpg - same result.
mwilliams
Can you create a report that uses the sample database, in your Actuate BIRT that has the same issue and attach it? I have Actuate BIRT, too, but I just want to make sure you see the same issue with the sample database chart, before I try it.
VSafonov
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="112556" data-time="1355864523" data-date="18 December 2012 - 02:02 PM"><p>
Can you create a report that uses the sample database, in your Actuate BIRT that has the same issue and attach it? I have Actuate BIRT, too, but I just want to make sure you see the same issue with the sample database chart, before I try it.
<br /></p></blockquote>
Same story with sample report - Revenue History by Product Line.rptdesign. Can't attach it for some reason, but it is one of the demo files.
mwilliams
You can put it in a zip file to attach it. Then, I'll give it a whirl! Thanks!
VSafonov
here it is.
mwilliams
I don't get an error displayed in the viewer, but the charts don't show. To look at the issue, I opened the report in the OS designer, version 3.7.2. The charts were error boxes. In opening them, I found that the series values were not set. This is causing the issue. Something is different between OS and commercial that doesn't allow the charts to work when going from commercial to OS viewer, it would seem. I'd have to open the XML Source to find the difference. After replacing the series values, in the OS viewer, the charts worked as expected, when deployed.