Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pie Chart with two group bys
JBNew
Hi,
I have a dataset that returns the date, a description of a type and a count plus some other data.
I want to create a pie chart that uses the count on the y axis and groups by the description. This works fine using a data cube, but the problem I have is that I want this data for the last 5 dates only.
On other charts I have obtained the last 5 days only by
- ordering the data set by date (descending)
- in the data cube grouping by the date (as each date has more than one entry)
- selecting the top 5 rows with a filter in the pie chart
However, here I need to group by date to select the 5 most recent dates AND group by the description. I cannot use a group by in my select statement and I don?t seem to be able to get a cube to work with a combined date/description grouping that works when filtering the top 5 rows.
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Regards
Jason
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JBNew
Don?t worry I have solved it:
- I created a second data set with just the date
- In the select statement I grouped by the date
- I filtered this data set to give just the top five rows
- I then changed my cube by linking it to the above data set and using the new date as a group by element along with the description group and the count as the measure
Jason