Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
SVN vs Eclipse project
nadeaumr
Here's the situation. I start eclipse + birt plugin. I create a project from SVN. Open an existing report (do not change anything). Close eclipse. Another collegue modify the report and put it in SVN. I start eclipse again and my last report open automatically. I update my project from SVN to have the latest changes. But my already open report do not have the changes. If i save my report, i will loose all the changes from SVN. And worst, i can put it back to SVN and scratch the job of my collegue.
Question: Why eclipse don't detect that the already open report is different from the new one in the project? Is there an option that can prevent this?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nadeaumr
Here's the situation. I start eclipse + birt plugin. I create a project from SVN. Open an existing report (do not change anything). Close eclipse. Another collegue modify the report and put it in SVN. I start eclipse again and my last report open automatically. I update my project from SVN to have the latest changes. But my already open report do not have the changes. If i save my report, i will loose all the changes from SVN. And worst, i can put it back to SVN and scratch the job of my collegue.
Question: Why eclipse don't detect that the already open report is different from the new one in the project? Is there an option that can prevent this?
Thanks
kclark
Moving to general discussion