Line Spacing in HTML Numbered List Conent

robilco
robilco Member
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
As part of a Report Design rendering run, I have some rich text data passed to the renderer. <br />
HTML is supplied in this format:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><ul><li style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-size:12px;">
<font face="Arial" color="#262626">Desc Num 1</font></span></li>
<li style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-size:12px;">
<font face="Arial" color="#262626">Desc Num 2</font></span></li>
<font face="Arial" color="#262626">Desc Num 3</font></span></li>
<font face="Arial" color="#262626">Desc Num 4</font></span></li>
<font face="Arial" color="#262626">Desc Num 5</font></span></li>
<font face="Arial" color="#262626">Desc Num 6</font></span></li></ul></pre>
<br />
On certain systems (Production!) the list is rendered with huge spaces between the items, but on other systems, the list appears correctly.<br />
<br />
Note: It is only the Numbered list that I see this rendering issue<br />
<br />
Image here of 2 rendering outputs, erroneous on left, correct on right <a class='bbc_url' href='http://i.imgur.com/Qid4V.png'>http://i.imgur.com/Qid4V.png</a><br />
<br />
Any suggestions what direction I could take to resolve this appreciated.<br />
Ro

Comments

• kclark
    kclark E Member
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Is the same browser used on the different systems? Also is the report being generated in the same format on each system or is one generating a PDF and the other HTML?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • robilco
    robilco Member
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="112640" data-time="1356023810" data-date="20 December 2012 - 10:16 AM"><p>
    Is the same browser used on the different systems? Also is the report being generated in the same format on each system or is one generating a PDF and the other HTML?<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    I have no Browser in this scenario. This is all via Java Code, where the BIRT Engine is called from the Java API.<br />
    I am executing a Web Service which returns an XML document.<br />
    I'm binding elements of that document to fields in the Report Design and thus generating the PDF.<br />
    <br />
    In certain circumstances, the data returned from the Web Service is not a simple String, but contains some HTML.<br />
    I've not done anything specific for this scenario, so am passing this HTML to the BIRT engine as if it were a String and it is maintaining its formatting on most systems.<br />
    <br />
    However, on certain systems the PDF generated has inserted spaces between each of the numbered items in the list.
  • kclark
    kclark E Member
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Have you tried viewing a PDF that was generated with the spaces on a system that generates the report correctly? I'm wondering if it's a settings issue or an issue when the PDF is rendered.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • robilco
    robilco Member
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="112647" data-time="1356025334" data-date="20 December 2012 - 10:42 AM"><p>
    Have you tried viewing a PDF that was generated with the spaces on a system that generates the report correctly? I'm wondering if it's a settings issue or an issue when the PDF is rendered.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    PDF's are generated on headless Servers in a data centre to which I've no direct access, so not able to use that as a viewer.<br />
    I've viewing both PDF's locally