Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Too many Records
arunkumarb
Hi,
Recently I attended one interview, In that the interviewer asked me the following questions.
1. Is it possible to display more number of records like 1,00,000(One Lakh) records in pdf? In this case, will we get any problems?
2. If we get more thatn one request from the clients for the above report, what are the problems will be arised? If any problems arised then how can you overcome those problems??
Please Let me know the answers for the above questions.
Regards,
Arun
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Just to display 100,000 records? I don't think there are any limitations you'll encounter here. Have you tried?
arunkumarb
Hi williams,
Till now we too did not get problems. But if want to display more number of records then what will be happend?
Regards,
Arun
Jenkinsj5
There should not be a problem displaying 100,000 records in PDF. Even if you export to Excel it will break the data into two sheets.
Depending on your computing power generating the report could be slow for larger files. To test: If you don't have a data set with 100,000 rows you should be able to create one with a full outer join.
arunkumarb
Hi,
Thanks for All your replies. I tried on one report having 150,000 records(3800 pages in pdf) in pdf and excel. I did not find any problems with this report. And also I deployed in Application server and tested with 4 clients i.e. at a time these four clients will request the same above report. I found the execution time some little bit slow but not too much slow.
Regards,
Arun
mwilliams
Glad to hear it's working well enough!