Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to hide column bindings when using export
aparandekar
Hi,
How can I hide certain columns in a table so they do not show when I use the Export feature?
Thanks,
-Alka
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Will the column always be invisible or do you need it dynamic with some script? If you're just trying to make the column hidden you can select your table > select the column > property editor > visibility > check hide element.
aparandekar
Hi,
Certain table columns are used for aggregations and I would like them not to be available when I use Export Data. I cannot remove them as column bindings otherwise the aggregations will not work.
For example, Column1 and Column2 are used to add an aggregation called MaxDate. When I export data, I would like Column1 and Column2 not available for export but just have MaxDate available for export.
Column1 and Column2 are not displayed in the table but they are part of column bindings. Is there any script I can write to make them unavailable during export data?
--Alka
DineshSrinivasan
<p>I believe by this time you may have found the solution for this, but for those who are still looking for an answer.
</p><p>If you want to hide an element from showing up on your Export Data dialog box.</p><p> </p><p>Find the element our design and go to its property editor -> Advanced and set the "Allow export" property to false.</p><p> </p><p>You may also find this blog useful:</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.ca/2011/08/birt-viewer-export-data.html'>http://birtworld.blogspot.ca/2011/08/birt-viewer-export-data.html</a></p>
;