Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Change max value of y-axis scale by group
brianlevin
I am trying to figure out a way to change the maximum value of the y-axis scale of a chart dynamically within a report (by lowest level grouping) without having to calculate the maximum value in a query or computed column. The goal of changing the y-axis scale is to be able to visually compare the charts.<br />
<br />
The attached example shows more clearly what I am trying to do. The charts show the total price of products sold grouped by year and then by customer number. As you can see, within each year, the charts are scaled differently because each customer purchased different items. This makes it harder to compare.<br />
<br />
I'd like to be able to change the y-axis scale to be the same across all customer numbers, for <span class='bbc_underline'>each </span> year. It doesn't necessarily have to be the maximum data value, just the maximum value that BIRT chose as the y-axis scale.<br />
<br />
The issue with the charts I am working with in my actual report is that they have 4 groupings and the aggregations are a bit complex, so I am unsure of how to calculate the maximum data value beforehand. I would much rather change the axis dynamically as they are being rendered. Any thoughts?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
brian, <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1538-group-chart-scale-change/'>have
a look at this devshare</a> I think you would need to use a computed column to do this. Are you trying to stay away from computed columns for speed? Let me know if that devshare helps!