Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Report and Java classes
prince87
Hi All,
I am completely new to the BIRT.
My requirement is:
On click of a button on jsp a pdf file should generate.
Eclipse IDE - Indigo with BIRT plugin
Application server - Jboss 5.1
jdak - 1.6
I have created a BIRT template using "Scripted data source" and data sets using open and fetch javascrpit.PFA
I have a service class where I am fetching the data from database and setting into the modal class variables and using these bariables in setting BIRT variables using OPEN() and FETCH()function.
Now How can I create a birt pdf report on click of a button on jsp page.
What all java classes is require in order to accomplish this task.
I came to know that there are BIRT report engine class as well as servlet class is also required but I am not sure how and where I can use these classes.
Can anyone please help me in figure our the flow and also please let me know if any more info is required.
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You might check this out:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2.2-birt-tag-library/
You can embed reports into JSP using the viewer tag library. If you're not looking to embed, just to run, you could always just call the reports by URL with the URL parameter format=pdf.