Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding favicon to report
bryner
How would I add a custom favicon to a report? Currently, I'm seeing some default square, but would like to replace this.
Thanks,
Blake
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Are you seeing a default square after trying to add the favicon? What browsers are you targeting? I think internet explorer prefers ico files while firefox can do ico, png, and gif
bryner
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="112795" data-time="1356631451" data-date="27 December 2012 - 11:04 AM"><p>
Are you seeing a default square after trying to add the favicon? What browsers are you targeting? I think internet explorer prefers ico files while firefox can do ico, png, and gif<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I'm targeting IE and Firefox. Doing some more investigation the icon is the default Liferay icon. I should have mentioned that BIRT is being called from Liferay.
kclark
Here's the code I used to get favicon's working in firefox deployed in tomcat<br />
<br />
test.jsp<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/birt.tld" prefix="birt" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="icon.png">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<title>BIRT Report</title>
</head>
<body>
<birt:viewer id="birtViewer" reportDesign="test.rptdesign"
pattern="frameset"
height="450"
width="700"
format="html"
></birt:viewer>
</body>
</html>
</pre>
<br />
Where<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="icon.png"></pre>
<br />
Is the code that you want to change the icon with.