Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
inner tables row not align with each other
ngocvdoan
Hi,
I have two inner tables placed inside the detail row of an outer table. The two inner tables are binding to the same dataset.
When I run the report, the first inner table display records fine. But the second table which is on the far right have one column that returned value which is a string that is too long and it shifts to a second line because it runs out of space. So the output is look like this:
__________________
_____________
I would like to make both line are always on the same line. By saying this I meant that is there a way to detect whenever the column of the second inner table is shift down to one level, the first inner table also need to shift down so they can be on the same line?
Can you please help me.
Thanks,
ND
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Can you attach a sample report of this against the sample DB?
ngocvdoan
Hi K,
The sample report is attached. My question is what happen if the CHECKNUMBER column return values that is too long and shifts to a new line. Will the border of the left inner table going to be inline with the border of the right inner table?
I dont think it is because I have a real report at client site that whenever the CHECKNUMBER column return values that is long it shift to a new line and the border is also shift down to one level thus it is not inline with the left inner table border.
Is there a way to fix this scenario? my yahoo ID is ngocdoan_ee@yahoo.com if you like to chat with me.
Thanks and happy new year.
ND
ngocvdoan
Hi K,
I known I can truncate the value if it is too long or expand the CHECKNUMBER column further but my interest is that is there a way to stop the RIGHT inner table's border from shifting down? Can it be controlled by scripting? Or is there a way to make the LEFT inner table's border shifts whenever the RIGHT inner table's border is shift? My idea is that both border need to be inline at all time.
Thanks in advance.
ND