Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter from multilevel libraries
rajani_interwove
Hello,
In my project I have two libraries, lib_common and lib_A. I have a date parameter(pDate) in lib_common, which is added to library lib_A, and then from lib_A, the date parameter is added to a report, new_report.rptdesign.
Its like :
lib_common.rptlibrary
|
lib_A.rptlibrary
|
new_report.rptdesign
I have set Window->Preferences->Report Desgins->Resource as "${workspace_loc:SampleLibrary/Resources/lib}"
Now when I run the report in the designer, i can see the calendar for the date parameter in the parameter screen. But when I depoloy the report and libraries into iServer, I cannot see the canlendar in the parameter screen of iServer.
But if open and close the paramter in the report without changing anything in the designer and then deploying the report and libraries to the iServer, then the paramter is working fine.
Can anyone please help me why the behaviour of the paramter is changing when deployed to iServer.
Thanks in Advance.
Rajani Gunda
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly, before I take a look. When you add a parameter from the library, it's not working when you deploy to the iServer, but it works in the designer? However, if you open the parameter, in the designer, without changing anything, then deploy it, it works as expected? Am I understanding correctly?
rajani_interwove
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="112876" data-time="1356997151" data-date="31 December 2012 - 04:39 PM"><p>
Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly, before I take a look. When you add a parameter from the library, it's not working when you deploy to the iServer, but it works in the designer? However, if you open the parameter, in the designer, without changing anything, then deploy it, it works as expected? Am I understanding correctly?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Yes, the parameter works fine in the designer when I set the Resource property in windows preferences, otherwise I have to open and close the parameter to work fine in the designer and iServer.<br />
<br />
Hope this will help you..
mwilliams
Sorry. I didn't see that you had responded, til just now. I'll take a look at this in the AM.
mwilliams
It took me a few tries to reproduce, but I was able to see what you're saying. The parameter always worked, but not the calendar entry. I'm using 11SP4 and it appears that you're using 11SP3, so moving to the newer version won't help. I would suggest logging a bug for this.