Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Source parameter values from cube
diddy
Hi,
I am currently creating some reports with Actuate BIRT Report Designer (Pro). I created a data object and a data store. The data object has a cube defined with row level data security. My reports source the data from the cube.
My question is the following: Is there a way to source parameter values from the cube directly? It seems like it is only possible to source the parameter values from the data set ... why? Especially if I have (row level) data security implemented in the cube, it would be ideal to source the parameter values from the cube directly. Is there a way to achieve this?
The reports are mainly used in BIRT 360 dashboards. My current workaround is to add a selector gadget to the BIRT 360 dashboard, reference the data source and source the parameter values from the cube. I am just wondering why I cannot do the same in Actuate BIRT report desinger (Pro)?
Thanks,
Diddy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I don't think you'll be able to use the cube in any other way than you're currently doing it. Is there a reason you're not putting the security on the data set and using it for the parameter? Let me know.
diddy
Thanks a lot Micheal for your reply! I added now row level security to the data set as well and just source the values from there (as originally set up as workaround).
I think it would be good to be able to source parameter values from the cube in the report designer as well ... it just seems a bit more consistent to me in my scenario. Can I submit a feature request somewhere?
mwilliams
Since cubes are in open source, too, you could always request the enhancement in the Eclipse bugzilla at eclipse.org/birt or contact Actuate support to file a request.
diddy
Ok, thanks a lot for letting me know!
mwilliams
You're welcome!