Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Export to PDF very flow
zac
Hello,
I've created a BIRT report for Rational Team Concert with many datasources but no graphs. It takes a very long time to export to PDF.
Does any one has an idea on how to improve performances andor how I could debug to find out the bottlenecks?
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Could you post the rptdesign please?
zac
Thanks for looking into this. Please find attached my rptdesign file
kclark
How long is it taking to get the PDF?
zac
Depending on the number of rows it can take up to several minutes to render the PDF which I don't understand since all the data have already been retrieved at this point (ie prior to export to PDF)
kclark
Separate run and render tasks are faster, how are you generating the PDF? Can you try to export the PDF from the webviewer and see if that speeds it up at all for you?
zac
I generate the PDF via the "Export" menu, I'm not generating it programmatically.
kclark
Do you get the same results when generating via run > view report > as pdf?
zac
Yes, i do, although it seems a little bit faster. Is there a way to trace the pdf generation? i'd like to see where are the bottlenecks.
Thanks,
Yaytay
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'zac'" data-cid="112987" data-time="1357332911" data-date="04 January 2013 - 01:55 PM"><p>
Yes, i do, although it seems a little bit faster. Is there a way to trace the pdf generation? i'd like to see where are the bottlenecks.<br />
Thanks,<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
If you have the time, disc space, skillset and inclination you could profile it - I use jProfiler to profile my emitters.<br />
It might seem like overkill, but it will get you answers that no amount of facing with logs can get.<br />
<br />
Jim