Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data Source different behaviour with separate RunTask and RenderTask
hvb
Until now my application only used RunAndRenderTask and used an iText PostProcessor to get page numbers right (I need page N of M right-aligned, which is impossible with RunAndRenderTask).
Now I experimented with using separate RunTask and RenderTask.
Basically, this seems to work, but my ODA JDBC Driver extension won't work.
By debugging, I found out that when I use RunTask, when the datasource "lisa" is opened for the first time, the entry OdaPropertyConfigId of the ConnectionProperties in the app context has the value "org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_lisa2" while my code is expecting "org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_lisa" without the suffix 2.
Why is that? Any ideas?
Henning
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
hvb can you post your rptdesign please?
hvb
Unfortunately the .rptdesign is 1.5 MB and uses several .rptlibrary files and .js files.<br />
I'll try to boil it down to a simple test case.<br />
<br />
In the log file for the separate RunTask and RenderTask, I see this (see below).<br />
Note that the DataSource is named "lisa" in the .rptdesign, but the log says "lisa2" here.<br />
In the log for the same run, there are also earlier messages with just "lisa":<br />
<br />
<span style='font-family: Courier New'><br />
04.01.2013 14:08:38 org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataEngineImpl <init><br />
FEINER: Data Engine starts up<br />
04.01.2013 14:08:38 org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataEngineImpl defineDataSource<br />
FEINER: ENTRY <strong class='bbc'>lisa</strong><br />
...<br />
04.01.2013 14:08:38 org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataEngineImpl defineDataSet<br />
FEINER: RETURN<br />
04.01.2013 14:08:38 org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataEngineImpl defineDataSource<br />
FEINER: ENTRY <strong class='bbc'>lisa2</strong><br />
04.01.2013 14:08:38 org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataEngineImpl defineDataSource<br />
FEINER: DataEngine.defineDataSource: OdaDataSourceDesign(Name : lisa2<br />
AfterOpenScript : if (typeof(lisa) != "undefined" && !lisa.isChangingDataSetDef() && !lisa.REJO) {<br />
var sql = lisa.sql();<br />
sql.executeUpdate("{ call dbms_application_info.set_module(?,?) }", ["BIRT-" + params["Parameter_Rejo_Id"].value, "Generating"]);<br />
}<br />
<br />
<br />
ExtensionID : org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc<br />
PrivateProperties : {contentBidiFormatStr=ILYNN, metadataBidiFormatStr=ILYNN}<br />
PulicProperties : OdaPropertyConfigId=org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_lisa2;odaURL=jdbc:oracle:thin:
@//***
:1521/***;odaAutoCommit=false;odaUser=*****;odaDriverClass=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver;odaPassword=***;<br />
)<br />
04.01.2013 14:08:38 org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataSourceRuntime DataSourceRuntime<br />
FEINER: ENTRY org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.internal.adapter.OdaDataSourceAdapter@e9f996 [object Object]<br />
</span><br />
BTW I am using BIRT 3.7.1, but the behaviour is the same with 4.2.1.<br />
<br />
lisa.sql uses the underyling JDBC connection of the DataSource to allow executing Select and DML statements in scripts (this is the part which fails because it searches for ...lisa in the AppContext).