Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
set dataset parameters in runtime
nav33n89
Hi,<br />
<br />
I have created a BIRT report layout... The user makes three enteries, <strong class='bbc'>startDate, EndDate</strong> and he selects a <strong class='bbc'>processName (via dropDown)...</strong><br />
<br />
Now I have a datasetQuery named <strong class='bbc'>Data Set1</strong> like... <strong class='bbc'>select * from Table1 where col1=? AND col2=? AND col3=?</strong>...<br />
<br />
Now after he press a button, I want to <strong class='bbc'>pass the three selected elements as parameter to the dataset </strong>and execute it to set its output parameters to a table<br />
(I have mapped dataset output parameters to table).<br />
<br />
reportParameter makes a pop-up as we run the report initially but I dont want it... as I want resultSet only for the elements value entered by user...<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jenkinsj5
I am confused.
Are you trying to create a report table that only shows results appropriate for the paramters the user entered, or are you trying to create a seperate table that shows the actual values entered by the user at the parameter popup?
kclark
Are you trying to hide the parameter box? If you edit the parameters you can uncheck is required and check hidden and this will get rid of the parameter box at the beginning of your report.
nav33n89
Hi, kclark... yes m trying to hide the parameter box... I have done that setting... chicking the hidden box... but now... how should I set the value of report parameter without any popup... I want to set the value through code and then pass these to a data set to exexute it...
Please help in this regard...
@Jenkinsj5
yes... I m trying to create a report table that only shows results appropriate for the paramters the user entered...
kclark
It sounds like you're trying to create you're own parameter page. Why don't you create the first report where the user selects the data and then pass the value of the parameters via drill-through. You're button could be a link that says view report. Then in the second report you would create a hidden parameter. Then you're SQL statement would look like this<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>select *
from CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS
where CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.COUNTRY = ?</pre>
<br />
Then click on parameters from edit data set and link it to the hidden parameter that you have created. You could also create the first page in html and pass the data to the report using something like this<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>http://localhost:8080/viewer/frameset?__report=myreport.rptdesign&SOMEPARAM=value
</pre>
nav33n89
hi...
what if I have to set more than one parameter..
http://localhost:8080/viewer/frameset?__report=myreport.rptdesign&SOMEPARAM1=value&&SOMEPARAM12=value1
?
Thanks in advance.
kclark
If you have more than one parameter you would use & between them.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>http://localhost:8080/viewer/frameset?__report=myreport.rptdesign&parm1=value1¶m2=value2</pre>
nav33n89
Hi,<br />
<br />
I used the following method. I m getting error, <strong class='bbc'>Out of index :1 </strong> exception.<br />
<br />
Where m I going wrong?<br />
<br />
Thanks.