Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Passing Parameter through URI
cg_sriniva
Hi,
I want to make a drill down BIRT report by passing parameters to the second BIRT report using URI. Please tell me how do I accomplish this.
I am trying to do it by using the following String in URI.
javascript:parent.execCrossNavigation(this.name, 'THIRD_REPORT', 'DomainCode=%%&SiteCode=%%&WeekNumber=%%');
Please tell me how do I give the Parameter value here instead of '%%' given. I tried with providing ? and $P{DomainCode} but of no use.
Thanks,
Srinivas
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You should be able to pass the value of your parameter in your code doing something like this<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>javascript:parent.execCrossNavigation(this.name, 'THIRD_REPORT', 'DomainCode=%%&SiteCode=%%&WeekNumber=params['someParam']');</pre>
cg_sriniva
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="113035" data-time="1357591420" data-date="07 January 2013 - 01:43 PM"><p>
You should be able to pass the value of your parameter in your code doing something like this<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>javascript:parent.execCrossNavigation(this.name, 'THIRD_REPORT', 'DomainCode=%%&SiteCode=%%&WeekNumber=params['someParam']');</pre></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks kclark. It worked.
msnoeckx
<p>Hi <span style="font-size:14px;">Kristopher,</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">Could you check what I am doing wrong here ?</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">I have a master report and a slave report. (developing in Birt for SpagoBI)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">On the master there is a hyperlink with following code:</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">"javascript:parent.execCrossNavigation(this.name, 'Job_followup','AD_JobFU_jobname="+row["job_name"]+"&AD_JobFU_version="+row["version"]+"','','','self');"</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">In the subreport I have a query with 2 values in the where condition that equal "?":</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><b>select</b></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">test.job_name, </span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">test.version::character <b>varying</b>(10)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><b>from </b>test</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><b>where </b>test.job_name <b>=</b> ?</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><b>and</b> test.version <b>=</b> ?</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">For this query 2 report parameters AD_JobFU_jobname & AD_JobFU_version are created, which are both strings and both have a default value.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">In the dataset I've linked the parameters to this report parameters.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">What is going wrong:</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">When I open the master report in SpagoBI I can click the link and it goes to the slave report, but it always takes the default value.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">So in some way the parameters aren't passed to the slave report's dataset.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">Do you have any idea ??</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">Thanks,</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">Mike</span></p>