Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to integrate BIRT in JSP Page
codename_
How can I able to call the BIRT report using my jsp page?
For example I have a jsp page that displays a report then a button to export this report to produce a pdf file. How can I able to do this?
By the way Im very new in this technology so I really need a tutorials for this
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
codename_
what are the thins I need for this?
mwilliams
Take a look at this devShare:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2.2-birt-tag-library/
It will point you to a blog showing how to use the tag library to embed BIRT reports into JSP.
codename_
All I need to do is to design a report. Have a button on the JSP page then export the report viewed in JSP into pdf file...I cant find any tutorials for this
mwilliams
If you need help getting started on designing a report, take a look at this blog.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/blog/45/entry-432-creating-your-first-report-part-1-of-2/
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/blog/45/entry-433-creating-your-first-report-part-2-of-2/
It goes through creating your first report.
For deploying the web viewer, which has export to PDF functionality, you'll need to download the runtime and copy the WebViewerExample to an app server. From here, you can use the tag library, which is described in the link I posted above to embed the report viewer into JSP. With the viewer embedded, you'll have the button allowing you to export the report to PDF.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=GSG:Getting_Started_with_WebViewerExample
Jenkinsj5
There are also several tutorials in BIRT help (at least with the all in one 4.2.1 which is the current free version). They are extremely helpfully.
Be aware that BIRT is a powerful tool, there is LOTS to learn because there is LOTS it can do.