Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
View Report Only Shows First Row
questionss
I've built a report in BIRT and when I click Run.....View Report.....(then choose 'HTML'/'PDF'/any format), I only get a single row in the preview window. So if my report should display users 'Adam', 'Bob', and 'Charles', the preview window only shows 'Adam'.
Oddly, if I open up my Data Set and go to the preview tab, I see all of the expected results.
How do I configure BIRT to display the full report in the preview instead of just the first row?
Note - In the data set's setting tab, I currently have 'Fetch all rows from data source' checked so I don't have '1' set as the max rows.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jenkinsj5
It may very by version, but with 4.2 at the top of the preview window there is a link "Click to change Preview Preferences", that should do it for you.
Preview often gives less rows then you would expect. Might show 8 when there are really several hundred.
mwilliams
Did you put your data elements in the detail row of a table or list? If you put them in the header or if you used a grid or simply just the data elements, no iteration over the result set will happen. If you want your result set as a table, in your layout, you can simply drag the dataSet from the data explorer into your layout and a table with all the fields will be automatically created for you.
questionss
Dear mwilliams,<br />
<br />
I was individually copying the data set elements onto my report. When I copied the entire data set to the report, it started iterating over the results.<br />
<br />
Thanks for the hint. It's now working for me.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="113159" data-time="1357879412" data-date="10 January 2013 - 09:43 PM"><p>
Did you put your data elements in the detail row of a table or list? If you put them in the header or if you used a grid or simply just the data elements, no iteration over the result set will happen. If you want your result set as a table, in your layout, you can simply drag the dataSet from the data explorer into your layout and a table with all the fields will be automatically created for you.<br /></p></blockquote>