Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
passing static value to casscade parameter
JavaNep
Hi have created a cascaded parameter i.e p_country and p_city
lets say country and city .
So, For selected country, respective City sd appear in p_city , but I want to provide list of city for each country statically with map or array not from the datset .i mean scripting the values of city in form of array . How am I going to achieve this.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You can do this in the getSelectionValueList() of the parameter with some code like this.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>var dSLArray = [];
dSLArray[0] = "10101";
dSLArray[1] = "10104";
dSLArray[2] = "10105";
dSLArray[3] = "10108";
dSLArray;</pre>
JavaNep
I tried that . it doesn seem to give me values .Any example wd be apreciated <br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="113244" data-time="1358195301" data-date="14 January 2013 - 01:28 PM"><p>
You can do this in the getSelectionValueList() of the parameter with some code like this.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>var dSLArray = [];
dSLArray[0] = "10101";
dSLArray[1] = "10104";
dSLArray[2] = "10105";
dSLArray[3] = "10108";
dSLArray;</pre></p></blockquote>
kclark
I've attached a simple example, it doesn't have any data source but it will show the parameters. What version are you running?
JavaNep
I have BIRT designer pro by Actuate. I think its 3.6.2 . I am not able to download the attached file u sent . it just open of on other webpage. I need to use cascaded parameters as the example i submitted earlier if Country is selected in first cascaded parameter (p_country) the second parameter(p-city) should list the city related to the country which should be hard coded in the script . If you can provide me the example similar to my requirement it would be great ,as this thing is really getting to my head .<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="113253" data-time="1358203476" data-date="14 January 2013 - 03:44 PM"><p>
I've attached a simple example, it doesn't have any data source but it will show the parameters. What version are you running?<br /></p></blockquote>