Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Column Sorting without DB call
sachindhus
Hi,<br />
I am using Birt 4.2.0. I have a requirement to Sort report table by clicking on column header , But I am not getting how to implement it <strong class='bbc'>without fetching/retrieving data from Database again</strong>. Means by using data which is retrieved at first time. I have tried some examples but they are fetching data from DB at every time when we click on column header.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Sachin Dhus
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
sachindhus,
There are two ways you could do this. Using drill-through hyperlinks to do this you could store the DB values in a parameter separated by commas. This way you could pass the parameter data to itself and then use this as a scripted data source. You would also create a boolean parameter to determine if it's the first run or not and drop the SQL data source to only use the scripted data. The other option is you could use the interactive viewer to do this. I'll work on an example for the first and post it when I've got it working.
sachindhus
Hi kclark,
Thanks for reply. In my example I have integrated BIRT with Spring 3.0 & I am calling Java Services from Birt Scripted Data Set. I this situation I am not getting how to implement this sorting by using your explanation? It will be better if you will redirect me on Some Blog,Wiki or some example related to this.
Thanks,
Sachin Dhus
Shreelekha
Hi kclark..
Is it possible to do table column sorting.
Requirement is to Sort report table by clicking on column header , but how to implement it without fetching/retrieving data from Database again. Means by using data which is retrieved at first time.
Please help me guys...