Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Failed to find out data source of data set
jakoby84
Hello,<br />
<br />
I recently exported a datasource and dataset to an external library. I deploy for TomCat and the library is located in WebContent/reports/library_elements and I use RunTask / RenderTask directly without use of the Report Viewer. After the library export, the report still renders correctly in Eclipse Preview. But when it is deployed to TomCat, I get the error.<br />
<br />
I don't know if it is relevant, but I have code in beforeOpen() of datasource and dataset. In this code I read parameters which are passed from Java code (runtask.getAppContext().put(...) ) and in case they are not set they are overridden by default values (thats why the report renders in Eclipse Preview).<br />
<br />
In UrmLogDataSet Edit Data Set I made sure that it uses UrmLogDataSource as the Data Source.<br />
<br />
Please could you help to resolve the problem? Any help is appreciated!<br />
<br />
<br />
Error code (displayed in browser):<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>The following items have errors:
OdaDataSet UrmLogDataSet:
+ Failed to find out data source of data set "UrmLogDataSet". (Element ID:92)
TextData (id = 18):
+ Can not load the report query: 10. Errors occurred when generating the report document for the report element with ID 18. (Element ID:18)
Chart (id = 19):
+ Can not load the report query: 19. Errors occurred when generating the report document for the report element with ID 19. (Element ID:19)
Chart LoginsChart:
+ Can not load the report query: 10. Errors occurred when generating the report document for the report element with ID 10. (Element ID:10)</pre>
<br />
Error code (displayed in Eclipse console view when servlet is requested):<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>SEVERE: Failed to find out data source of data set "UrmLogDataSet".
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.api.AdapterException: Failed to find out data source of data set "UrmLogDataSet".
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.internal.adapter.DataAdapterUtil.adaptBaseDataSet(DataAdapterUtil.java:78)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.internal.adapter.OdaDataSetAdapter.<init>(OdaDataSetAdapter.java:55)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.ModelAdapter.adaptDataSet(ModelAdapter.java:150)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.adapter.ModelDteApiAdapter.doDefineDataSet(ModelDteApiAdapter.java:294)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.adapter.ModelDteApiAdapter.defineDataSet(ModelDteApiAdapter.java:235)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.prepare(AbstractDataEngine.java:149)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.AbstractReportExecutor.<init>(AbstractReportExecutor.java:100)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ReportPageExecutorV4.<init>(ReportPageExecutorV4.java:43)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.ReportPageExecutor.<init>(ReportPageExecutor.java:41)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask$PageRangeRender.render(RenderTask.java:543)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(RenderTask.java:294)
at de.asweb.reportViewer.ReportHandler.getHtmlReport(ReportHandler.java:156)
at de.asweb.reportViewer.ReportHandler.getReport(ReportHandler.java:82)
at de.asweb.reportViewer.ReportController.doGet(ReportController.java:38)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:929)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1002)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:585)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)</pre>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jakoby84
*** SOLVED ***<br />
<br />
Actually I did not specify the BIRT resource folder location<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>EngineConfig config = new EngineConfig( );
config.setResourcePath(sc.getRealPath("/reports") + "/library_elements");</pre>
<br />
Now I cannot anymore view the reports in the preview tab of eclipse because I had to change <br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><list-property name="libraries">
<structure>
<property name="fileName">WebContent/reports/library_elements/protokoll_library.rptlibrary</property>
<property name="namespace">protokoll_library</property>
</structure>
</list-property></pre>
<br />
to<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><list-property name="libraries">
<structure>
<property name="fileName">protokoll_library.rptlibrary</property>
<property name="namespace">protokoll_library</property>
</structure>
</list-property></pre>
<br />
for it to work in Web context.
mwilliams
Glad you found your solution. Let us know whenever you have questions.