Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
programatically get data from CSV data source
birtguy123
I have code which uses BIRT 2.6.1 runtime to get data from JDBC data source, which works fine. but I want to change it to use a CSV file as the data source instead. what's the code to achieve this?<br />
<br />
I have the following:<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'> OdaDataSourceHandle dsHandle = designFactory.newOdaDataSource(<br />
"data source", "org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc" );</strong><br />
<br />
so what I am looking for is the 2nd parameter "extension id" for the csv type. flat file is supported in GUI.. so I'd think it should be exposed via api. although the only data packages I see are jdbc and xml.<br />
<br />
Any insight into this would be much appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
birtguy123
got it. "org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.flatfile" is the extensionId. which I obtained by running birt in the design mode and checking the XML.
mwilliams
Glad you were able to find it. Let us know whenever you have questions!