Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Webviewer + Tomcat + Maven
Samo
Hi all,<br />
<br />
I want to use the BIRT Webviwer in combination with my jar files generated by maven.<br />
My Workspace includes some Java Projects which is connecting to a backend to get data. One of my Java projects includes a ScriptedDataSetEventHandler which I want to use for my report.<br />
I use Tomcat 7.0.34 and the birt-runtim 4.2.1 as you can see in the dependency tags.<br />
<br />
In my pom.xml I used the following code to get the libaries for BIRT:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><repositories>
<repository>
<releases>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</releases>
<snapshots>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
<checksumPolicy>ignore</checksumPolicy>
</snapshots>
<id>sonatype-nexus-snapshots</id>
<name>Sonatype Nexus Snapshots</name>
<url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/</url>
</repository>
<repository>
<releases>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</releases>
<snapshots>
<enabled>false</enabled>
<updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
<checksumPolicy>ignore</checksumPolicy>
</snapshots>
<id>sonatype-nexus-releases</id>
<name>Sonatype Nexus Snapshots</name>
<url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/</url>
</repository>
</repositories>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.eclipse.birt.runtime</groupId>
<artifactId>org.eclipse.birt.runtime</artifactId>
<version>4.2.1a</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies></pre>
<br />
<br />
But now I'm not sure how to run my report.<br />
How can I import all necessary liabries and folders to my maven projects without copying by myself. I want to generate it automatically.<br />
I miss some libaries like viewerserlvet and so on. These jars was not included in the repositorie I used.<br />
<br />
How about the web.xml, do I need thoe entire web.xml of the Birt Webviewer Example?<br />
<br />
<br />
It works if I do it like this:<br />
<br />
1. I generated my jars with maven<br />
2. copied almost the entire BIRT webviewer Example <em class='bbc'>(libaries, webcontent, web.xml and so on)</em> to my folder<br />
<br />
But this is awkward and I guess bad practice.<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
Cheers,<br />
Samo
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I've not used Maven, myself, but there are a few posts in the devShare regarding BIRT with Maven. You might have already seen them, but here's a search link to them:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/index.php?topicid=0&filtercontent=maven&contenttype=&timeperiod=0&results=10