Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Web Viewer Ignoring Aggregation Filter
linucksrox
Hi,
I'm having trouble getting aggregation filters to work at all using the web viewer. In preview, everything is fine, but web viewer completely ignores any kind of filter I put on an aggregation, and just aggregates on the expression blindly. I also tried changing the main expression to include the filter condition, but this prevented the web viewer from displaying any value at all.
So far the only workaround I've found is creating a computed column in the dataset which seems to work OK, but I guess that's less efficient, and more of a roundabout way of doing this. Aggregations are useless if you need filtering and you want to run in web viewer (e.g. on a server).
Any thoughts?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Can you post your rptdesign with the samples db? I created a filter on my table with aggregation (sum, count, and average) and it works in preview and the webviewer. What version are you running?
linucksrox
Unfortunately I'm using our internal database. I tried recreating the report to link to the sample database but it is too complicated to try to simulate the query/table using the sample data which is very different than what's in our database. I created a new report using the sample database but it was giving me the results I was expecting (like you tried). I'm not sure what else can be done to troubleshoot the problem... I know how to log messages to the console window in different areas of the report. Is there a way I can check the firing order of the aggregation/filter and compare that between the preview and web viewer?
linucksrox
This is version 3.7.2 btw. I ran into a very similar issue again, and was able to recreate the exact issue using a blank report with the sample database. I bound an aggregation to the table, and then put a dynamic text element in the header row displaying the total row count. This works normally in preview, but shows 0 in web viewer. I have a feeling this is somehow related to the aggregation filtering issue I had before.
linucksrox
Here's some more information if that is useful. I downloaded and ran BIRT 4.2.1 (64 bit) which gave me exactly the same results with the above report. I'm running JRE7u11 64 bit. I also installed JRE6u38 64 bit and got the same results. My production setup is BIRT 3.7.2 32 bit using JRE7u11 32 bit. All environments yield the same results.
I even tried doing the manual rowCount described in "Integrating and Extending BIRT" pg. 84, but was unable to translate this value into a dynamic text element, data element, etc.
Any help please? I need this working in some way, otherwise it's impossible to use any type of aggregation in the web viewer.
I also checked the bug listing and didn't find this issue posted.