Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Library-defined chart properties overridden by rptdesign properties?
jakoby84
Hi,
I am developing various reports, they will almost all use a datetime line chart (with different data rows / datasets assigned to them). I would like to have one single location where I can adjust the size of the charts in all reports, and the markers to be used etc. So that once I change the size, the charts will be bigger / smaller in all reports.
I tried to set the dimensions of the chart in the library's property editor but somehow this is not propagated to the single reports. It seems like the dimensions in the single reports do override the library setting. (same applies to the markers setting) How do I reset the dimensions/markers to use the ones from the library? Especially is it possible to reset them without resetting the whole chart, losing the data assignment etc.?
Another approach I though of is to define a style in the library and specify dimensions, markers etc in that style definition. But is it possible at all to define those settings in a style, or is it only possible to define in the properties of a chart element itself?
I know that defining the width/height by scripting is possible but that's something I would like to avoid if it is possible through libraries / styles.
Thanks for your help in advance, Cheers, Jakob
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
What version are you running? I created a report and library in 3.7 and I'm able to control the size of the chart over many reports by adjusting it in the library.
jakoby84
Thanks for you answer.
I'm running 4.2.1 and actually now I recreated the chart and I am now also able to control the size of all derived elements. Just found out some moments ago.
Nevertheless, once I changed the size of a chart in a report, the dimensions from the report are used (it may also happen by accidently dragging the resize controls while designing the report). Is there a way to reset just the dimensions to library default or is it only possible to do that for the whole element?